Saturday, November 17, 2018

The Universe Responds

Do you remember how you felt when some coincidence happened to you at the exact right time; so that you knew there was some greater force at work which was helping you? You needed a boost that day and you got one! Some call this big magic. I am going to tell a story of magic today.

Spiritual stories are hard to tell because the meaning is a feeling of knowing. The feeling comes about as a result of a myriad of thoughts suddenly snapping into place to form a clear picture.

Right now, fresh from the sudden realization, I know that my feelings are telling me that the Universe does respond to deliberate thinking and that I am in alignment with my inner being. I gained enough of the receptive mode, through deliberate thinking, to receive what I needed. So stop the worry and self criticism. Spend the time on deliberately feeling good. Think deliberately positively and the answers will come. And if the answer is "not yet," then you feel very trusting, and believe that Life is Good (see story which now begins).

I didn't sleep last night. My brain was attacking me over an unresolved issue. The result was a feeling of failure and self denigration. Early this morning, I had a chance to talk briefly with a man familiar with the law of attraction about my specific issue. What he replied was what I was already practicing, so I felt ok about that. That helped.

Then I asked inwardly what I should do next. I decided to go for a long hike in a forest which I hadn't been to for years. While walking, I was practicing appreciation and practicing feeling generalized satisfaction. Then I drove downtown to pick up a race packet. While there, the race director, who I hadn't seen for several years, gave me a hug.

Driving downtown took me off my normal flight pattern; and there was a bit of timing to exactly where I was at what moment. I noticed a jeep pass briefly in front of me. Its wheel cover said, "Not all who wander are lost. Life is good." I had seen the "Life is Good" on many jeep wheel covers; but not the "All who wander are not lost." The phrase struck a note in my mind. I have a writing notebook with that phrase on the cover. Since the notebook is hand made, I had thought that the man who made my book had made up that phrase. As of today, I see that the phrase has a larger meaning.

So, I'll give you a clue: pay attention to these little things.

I got home and completed a couple of chores. Then I crashed on my bed with a book. This is my preferred "escape from myself" position. After a bit, I stood up. Shoot, I want to be a writer and I should be working on writing right this minute; instead I'm vegging out on the bed.

I got my lap desk and writing notebook intending to put ink on the page somehow. At that moment, I became curious about the phrase "All who wander are not lost." My ipad was right there so I looked it up. AH HA!!!!! The Universe is talking to me today. Today when I really need some spiritual support.

The phrase is from a poem by J.R.R. Tolkien found in volume 1 of The Lord of the Rings, chapter 10 "Strider", in a letter written by Gandalf to Frodo speaking of Strider:

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

The poem gives me a deeper meaning of the phrase. I felt like I was being told that while gold, I might not glitter. I'm not lost even though I feel like I have wandered off the well trodden path. My deep roots are fine. I shall arise from the ashes. In other words, I felt touched by the Universe with a message of hope and assurance to keep going on my path.

This message reached me on a day when I needed to hear from my higher self. I occasionally fall off an inner emotional cliff. The cliff is: not trusting that I am able to hear inner guidance and follow it when making daring moves; and criticizing myself for not doing "it" right. What is "it"? It is metaphysics, the law of attraction, being in receiving mode of guidance from my inner spiritual self.

I've had my notebook for several months now, but it was just today that I got a hint of a bigger message. Timing. Big magic has timing.

I am something of a wanderer from the ordinary path of life. Trading a lucrative secure engineering career to become a writer is certainly not the normal thing to do. At this time, I am years away from being a published writer, if ever. I am practicing being a writer but I am like a first grader learning an art form.

Here at the beginning, it is very easy to let go of a long long project which has very little hope of success anyway. Wouldn't it be easier to quit trying to learn a new craft, to quit the pursuit of the creative life; and just work a few more hours at my regular job?

I can't get what I want out of life if I don't seek. So I wander for the sake of the search. I accept the message of spiritual connection in order to enhance my knowing of my inner being. That inner relationship is all I really have anyway.

Maybe I jumped ship in Texas too soon. I wasn't ready. Now all I can do is play catch up. But I am on the right path.

I need to vibrate in the vicinity of my higher self; to receive its guidance and timing, to hear its hints, to get a glimpse of deliberate creating, to see that the Universe is love. A message about "All who wander are not lost," and the timing of its arrival when I needed it, is just such an assurance I need from the spirit world to continue my spiritual pursuits.

Don't quit before the miracle. Life is good.

No comments: