Thursday, March 2, 2017

True Freedom

Are you ever trying to make a life critical decision?  Should I do this or that, meaning something like leave this job and search for a new idea?

Or are you ever just upset with things as they are?

I am in the midst of transforming my life, perhaps. I was trying to figure out if I am running away from a situation or answering a call to a new situation. Then I read this in a book by Ekart Tolle called Stillness Speaks:

"True freedom and the end of suffering is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen whatever you feel or experience at this moment. This inner alignment with the Now is the end of suffering."

This didn't tell me what thing to choose, but it did give me the opportunity to ask myself, "What if today is exactly as I chose it?" I became at peace with this idea and walked out the door to go to work.

No comments: